06 January, 2008

Christmas Eve

If you look to the right, you'll see a new song link.  Pardon the slow download speed.  Let me know if it's unbearably slow.  I'm using a somewhat sketchy free file hosting service that I probably will not keep long term.  

I wrote Christmas Eve on December 24, 2006.  I consider the song a gift that I received to help me close a chapter in my life, embrace lessons learned from a difficult season, and celebrate the friends and family that blessed my life at that time.   

I made the recording within a couple of days of writing the song using bare-essentials equipment--all sounds came in through the built-in mic on my iBook (circa 2002) .  The bass/beat is provided by an old electronic organ I found in the Presbyterian church in Moss Point, MS.  


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home